To our family of patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family doing well during these challenging times. We miss seeing you and are excited to re-open our clinics to provide you with your much-needed eye care. The COVID-19 virus requires all of us to take special precautions. At Advanced Vision
Institute, we will continue to treat our patients and our staff as our family.
Advanced Vision Institute is committed to providing the highest quality of eye care to our patients, including safety measures to protect patients, staff, and visitors who enter our facilities. At this time, we require temperature and questionnaire screenings prior to entering our building and the wearing of a mask.
If you are unable to wear a mask, please call our office to reschedule your appointment. Per CDC regulations, all persons entering the clinics will be required to wear a mask.
We are following and continuing to monitor updates from the CDC, American Academy of Ophthalmology and local health officials so that our doctors and staff know how to best ensure the safety of everyone while in our offices.
With safety at the forefront, we will re-open for all of your eye care needs. Please be aware that all of us have been instructed to stay home if we have any symptoms that could be linked to any viral infections. We ask that you do the same.
Here are some other examples of what we are doing to keep our patients and staff safe:
• All guests entering the building will be required to have on a mask for the entirety of their visit.
• All surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected each morning, at lunch and at the end of each business day.
• All eye exam and testing equipment will be disinfected after each patient encounter as usual.
• All high traffic areas will be disinfected after each patient encounter.
• Our optical team has been instructed to disinfect affected frames after each patient encounter.
• We will have disinfecting stations throughout the office for your use.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us. If you are not feeling well, thank you for rescheduling your appointment.
While things may look a little different, you can expect the same high quality care you have come accustomed to receiving at AVI. Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you soon.